Eragon Fans
Welcome back! Please visit this topic: http://eragonfans.forumotion.net/t39-anyone-still-come-here-reply-please

Dynasty RP

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Dynasty RP Empty Dynasty RP

Post by eragongirl101 on 2012-08-01, 23:47

Fairly different than we usually do. Based almost entirely off of Chinese and Japanese mythology and astrology with a little bit of the Faerie Court RP we used to do thrown in there.

OK. The land is split between four courts - North, South, East, and West. Each one is ruled by an emperor. Each Court is also attached to a sea. Sea to the North is the Black Sea; sea to the East is the Yellow Sea; sea to the West is the Green Sea; and the sea to the South is the Red Sea. Each sea is houses an army of dragons for the emperor's use. The four Dragon Kings control the seas and the dragons in the name of their emperors. With me so far? Alright.

Now for the plot. Every ten years, a solar eclipse occurs, blocking the sun and even the stars go out for a week. At that time, all the courts come together to a city where all four courts touch called Viria. At every eclipse, they throw a week long festival. There are dances, feasts, parties, and plays. At the end when the sun returns and brings color back to the world, everyone throws perfumed, colored powder into the air.
But this year, things change. Demons haven't been seen in 1000 years, but they make an appearance at the Lunar Festival. They kill, trick, and cause chaos in the streets. The four emperors along with the Dragon Kings hold a council deciding what they should do. They decide to pray to their god, Barong (also called the Spirit King) to send a message in the stars and through the Shaman (priests who can detach themselves from their souls. Their souls travel to the spirit world and the underworld for guidance and knowledge). Barong orders them to choose four guardians - one from each court - to lead the fight against the demons and find out who was able to open the doors to both the spirit world and the underworld.

Evil Spirits and Demons involved:
- Oni: demons that can take on the form of animals (dogs, foxes, and koi fish are the top three in the Japanese culture, but they can change into anything). Deadly.
- Koppa: Monkey-like demons that mostly prank and cause chaos.
- Nagas: Dragon-like demons that destroy and kill. Highly dangerous.

Good Spirits and Demons involved:
Nazha: Spirit sent to the human world to exorcise demons
Nia: Two guardian kings that banish evil spirits
Men Shen: Guardians of doors; protect those inside from demons; guard temples and homes

Gods: Good and Evil
Rangda: Demon Queen
Barong: Spirit King
They rule from a mountain range that extends from the spirit world, through earth, and down into the underworld. Called Kunlun.

Abilities within different Courts:
East: Control over plants/growth/animals/air
West: Death/destruction/decay/fire
South: Life/life force/water
North: Emotions/earth

Four Guardians:
They will be the four chosen ones. They're actually constellations in Chinese astrology. They were formally warriors that the gods immortalized in the stars. They'll be the four main characters. The animal they're represented by will be their spirit animal. Kind of like a Patronus in Harry Potter. When they're in trouble, they can call on their spirit animal to protect them. They do have specific personality types, but you do not have to stick to them word for word if you don't want to.
Azure Dragon of the East
- Domain: The East
- Strongest at Sunrise
- Represented by Spring
- Represents: Fertility
- Strongest personality traits: Loyalty, kindness, ambitious, and natural leader
White Tiger of the West
- Domain: The West
- Strongest at sunset
- Represented by Autumn
- Represents: Death
- Strongest personality traits: Strength, impulsiveness, cleverness, quietness, and loner tendencies
Vermillion Bird of the South
- Domain: The South
- Strongest at High Noon
- Represented by Summer
- Represents: Vitality
- Strongest personality traits: Cheerfulness, energetic, motivator, laziness, and impulsiveness
Black Tortoise of the North
- Domain: The North
- Strongest at Midnight
- Represented by Winter
- Represents: Peace
- Strongest personality traits: Peace, reluctance, generosity, wisdom, gentleness

Resources (in case you wanna check into any of this yourself. Most of them are Wikipedia articles, but I checked all the facts in a mythology/astronomy/religions of the world book I have, and they're all accurate except my book has more details. Some stuff I only found in my book.):
Four Guardians: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Symbols_(Chinese_constellation)
Azure Dragon of the East: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azure_Dragon
Vermillion Bird of the South: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermilion_Bird
White Tiger of the West: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Tiger_(Chinese_astronomy)
Black Tortoise of the North: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Tortoise
Oni: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oni_(folklore)
Men Shen: http://thetempleguy.com/mi-le-fo/figures/men_shen.htm
Rangda: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangda
Barong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barong_(mythology)
Holi Festival of Colors (what the Solar Festival is based off of): http://utahkrishnas.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100&Itemid=190

Character Sheet:
Name:
Court:
Guardian or Not: Don't have to have a guardian. They'll bring a team along for back up. If you choose a guardian, list which guardian you are here.
Personality:
Physical Description:
Background: (Optional)

Mine:
Name: Taemin
Court: West
Guardian or Not: White Tiger of the West
Personality: Strong mentally but not physically, impulsive, clever, quiet around court, known to be a wild child, outgoing, friendly, but only one real friend, deceitful, cunning, dark tendencies, defensive, and rebellious
Physical Description: Light tan skin, almond-shaped, black eyes, usually messy, shaggy, long black hair, high cheekbones, sharp jaw, full lips, thin, bony frame but lean muscles, 5'10"
Background: Prince of the West Court. He lives in the shade of his older sister. She's the loved one. She's charming, beautiful, diplomatic, and the people love her, but he's next in line for the crown. His father is strict and diplomatic and always disappointed in his son. He makes his mark by fighting, partying, and whoring.

Name: Rai
Court: West
Guardian or Not: Not a guardian
Personality: Doesn't take crap from anyone, fighter, feisty, loud, brave, loyal, honest, often angry, tactical, has a gentle soul hidden in there somewhere, kind to the orphans on the street
Physical Description: Long, red-tinted, black hair, round, dark gold eyes, light tan skin, sharp, masculine face, strong, lean body, flat chest, few scars here and there, dragon earcuff around her left ear, 5'11"
Background: Palace guard for the emperor. She makes sure the kids aren't harmed. Her father commands all the soldiers on the palace grounds. Her mother died giving birth to her younger sister. She's the only one who can rival Taemin in swordplay or archery. Bitter rivalry, but they'll admit they're friends of sorts.

Last edited by eragongirl101 on 2012-08-02, 20:11; edited 1 time in total
eragongirl101
eragongirl101
Eldunari
Eldunari

Back to top Go down

Dynasty RP Empty Re: Dynasty RP

Post by Mags on 2012-08-02, 19:28

Name: Mitsuki
Court: South
Guardian or Not: Vermillion Bird of the South
Personality: Carefree, full of life, loves anything fun, loves to cause trouble, can be easily angered and is very defensive at times. Also has a secretive past.
Physical Description: Has peach-pink hair that goes down to her neck and bright blue eyes with a heart shaped face. Her hair color varies though, since she usually wears wigs when out on the street. Her skin is pasty and she is petite, being just 5’ 4”.
Background: Nothing is really known about her past, it’s something she doesn’t share. Though she goes through the South Court causing trouble and making a name of herself. She either steals from the wealthy or she takes jobs to get information out of people by working at the brothel. She’s at the festival now through the brothel since it was the only way for her to be able to attend.

Name: Hikaru
Court: North
Guardian or Not: Not guardian
Personality: Loyal, quick, strong sense of justice, can be laidback once and a while on a blue moon. Can be overbearing with his morals, though.
Physical Description: Tanned skin from being outside most of the time, dark blue eyes, brown hair tinted with blond that goes down half way of his neck. He has a muscular tone to him and is 6’ 2”
Background: Is a head guard for the West empire. His father is the chief commander of the King’s personal army so he has been trained since he was young to wield multiple weapons and to use the abilities given to them. He is now at the festival on request of his father and King.

Last edited by Mags on 2012-08-07, 19:50; edited 1 time in total

Commander of Awesomeness
Commander of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post by eragongirl101 on 2012-08-02, 22:12

Rai stood outside the bright red door. "Den of Vices. Such a terrible name." She kicked open the door and stalked through. Women - some barely clothed but most not at all - eased away from her, whispering and giggling among themselves. She turned down a hall and stopped a bright blue door. Rai didn't bother knocking, she shoved her way in. Taemin was sprawled out on a mountain of pillows, shirt off with two partly-clothed girls curled up on his chest.
He sat up immediately. "Rai!"
"Get up. Get dressed. Your father wants you at court. Now."
"Barong's beard, you could at least knock." He grinned charmingly at the girls. "Sorry, ladies. My princely duties await me." Taemin got to his feet and shrugged on his rustic orange tunic and brown boots. He spread his arms out. "Let's go then."
eragongirl101
eragongirl101
Eldunari
Eldunari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags on 2012-08-02, 22:35

Mitsuki walked around the brothel in her short skirt and revealing corset. She wasn't into the fashion, but this was the best way to get information, and to steal from men drunk on lust. She looked over as a woman and a man she knew was the prince walked towards the exit. She smiled flirtatiously at the prince, "Please come again." she said with a wink.

"Hikaru." A powerful and old voice commanded. The boy turned around, looking at his father who walked towards him, covered in silver armor, "The King needs us."
"Yes, sir." he saluted, following alongside him, though he couldn't keep his eyes off the construction of the festival. It was marvelous.

Commander of Awesomeness
Commander of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post by eragongirl101 on 2012-08-02, 22:47

Taemin turned around and smiled charmingly. "Don't doubt that I will."
Rai sighed and grabbed the prince by the arm, dragging him forcefully out the door.
"I am the prince."
"And until you start acting like one, I will continue treating you like a child."
Taemin laughed. "And this is why I tolerate you, Rai." He looked around, looking at the decorations in open awe. Brightly dyed banners and tapestries hung from lines over the street. There were wood monuments of a dragon, phoenix, tiger, and tortoise being made back at the palace to be burned in the street for the parties. He had seen and smelled the food, seen the neon dancers in their neon shrouds twirling and swaying gracefully through the street - their hands and feet painted in intricate designs. "This must excite even you, Rai."
"I am excited, my prince. Even if I'm not as blatantly open about as you are."
eragongirl101
eragongirl101
Eldunari
Eldunari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags on 2012-08-02, 22:50

Mitsuki watched as he left and smirked, struting over to the room she used to count how much money she had stolen so far. I'll have to make sure I get the prince next time. He'll have a pretty penny on him.

Commander of Awesomeness
Commander of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post by eragongirl101 on 2012-08-02, 22:56

They reached the white marble and gold palace where all four royal families and the Dragon Kings stayed for the festival.
"Get yourself into your formal clothes and meet me in the hall. I'll take you to your father," Rai ordered, shoving Taemin into his room.
He laughed as the door shut behind him. "That woman. Such a blessing." He changed into a stiff yellow, black, and red shirt, black leather pants, and a yellow cape that flowed down his back. He sorted out his hair and washed his face before heading back into the hall. "Let's see what the damned Emperor of the West wants."
eragongirl101
eragongirl101
Eldunari
Eldunari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags on 2012-08-02, 23:03

Hikaru stood by his father's side behind his emperor. His eyes wandered to the others, but besides that he stood still, his hands at his side next to the hilt of his sword. I wonder how long this'll take. He sighed internally, getting bored.

Commander of Awesomeness
Commander of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post by eragongirl101 on 2012-08-02, 23:08

Rai opened the doors to the meeting hall where the other families and Dragon Kings waited.
Taemin strutted in behind her. "Well, here I am you arrogant sh*t heads. What do you need me for?" he asked with a broad, blindingly charismatic grin.
His father bristled, fighting to control his anger. "You're part of the royal family, and as such, you're expected to attend official meetings."
"Funny. When we're at home, you pretend I'm not your son, but here, all of a sudden I'm the prodigal son." He threw himself into the chair next to his father and crossed one leg over the other.
eragongirl101
eragongirl101
Eldunari
Eldunari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags on 2012-08-02, 23:12

Hikaru raised an eyebrow at the boy but didn't say anything. He was a guard, he wasn't there to speak, just to protect. He saw that the other royal families were not pleased by the sudden outbreak. He wasn't sure if he was annoyed or amused.

Commander of Awesomeness
Commander of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post by eragongirl101 on 2012-08-02, 23:23

The Emperor of the West sighed and got to his feet. "As we all know, our people begin flooding the streets tomorrow. The final preparations for the festival are being completed and we're ready to go. What we need to talk about is security. With such a massive event, there will be more fights and brawls than we would like. What are the details on the soldier presence and police force?" he asked, turning to the generals and leaders of the armies.
Rai took her place against the wall, arms crossed over her chest. She caught Taemin making faces at her. She didn't respond.
eragongirl101
eragongirl101
Eldunari
Eldunari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags on 2012-08-02, 23:35

"For the West Court, we made sure to bring in enough soldiers to keep an eye on the event and to enforce the rules." Hikaru's father, Kyoya, assured, "There should be no trouble."
Hikaru smiled slightly but didn't say a word, just looked forward.

Commander of Awesomeness
Commander of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post by eragongirl101 on 2012-08-02, 23:41

"And enough of your household guards came to help protect the palace as well," Rai said, still ignoring the faces Taemin was throwing her way.
"Good. And everyone else?"
Each reported that they brought a strong portion of their army with them to patrol the city and the palace grounds.
"And the Dragon Kings?"
The Dragon King of the Green Sea stood. "We have each brought a dragon with us for drastic measure, and each of us will protect our respected emperors, your Grace."
"Excellent. Now, at the opening ceremonies, each emperor and prince is expected to give a short speech. Are those all prepared? Taemin?"
He froze mid-face and sobered. He flashed an innocent smile. "I thought I'd just make it up as I go."
His father's face darkened dangerously.
"Or. I'll write it this afternoon. I'm good with words."
eragongirl101
eragongirl101
Eldunari
Eldunari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags on 2012-08-02, 23:43

Hikaru smirked at the boy's words and crossed his arms over his chest. He always hated meetings, he rather be fighting or doing something then just standing around.

Commander of Awesomeness
Commander of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post by eragongirl101 on 2012-08-03, 00:07

After all the other emperors and princes stated that they were ready, he moved on to the final matter of business.
"One last thing. The Emperor of the North and I have an announcement. After several months of careful discussions, we have agreed that my daughter, Soliel, is to marry his eldest son, Cillian. We will be holding the wedding the day after the festival, and all your families and extended families are invited to join us in this celebration. You're all dismissed."
Taemin stiffened and watched his father get up. "You can't be serious."
"She's 21, Taemin. She's beyond marrying age."
"She doesn't want to get married, Father. Have you talked to her about this?"
"Yes, and she agreed to it for the good of the court."
He scoffed. "Of course she would say that!"
"Yes, because she's a good daughter and should be the rightful heir to my throne rather than you!" he shouted down at his son.
"Really? Tell me how you really feel, Dad."
eragongirl101
eragongirl101
Eldunari
Eldunari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags on 2012-08-03, 00:10

Hikaru listened to their bickering but made sure not to glance over, he just couldn't wait for this to be over with.

"A hundred gold? I suppose that's enough." Mitsuki sighed, throwing the pouch onto her bed before sitting down, stretching, "So bored." she complained.

Commander of Awesomeness
Commander of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post by eragongirl101 on 2012-08-03, 00:24

"Whatever." He looked around. Most of the other emperors and kings were gone. "I'm out of here." He shoved his chair back and headed back to his room to change back into what he was wearing before taking to the street again.
eragongirl101
eragongirl101
Eldunari
Eldunari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags on 2012-08-03, 10:22

"Let's go." Kyoya said, glancing over at his son as he followed their emperor out. Hikaru followed behind, staying silent like usual, though secretly he was longing to enjoy the festival like he did when he was a child.

Mitsuki made her way out of her room and back to the foyer of the brothel, keeping an eye out for any guests that seemed wealthy.

Commander of Awesomeness
Commander of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post by eragongirl101 on 2012-08-03, 14:59

Rai followed Kyoya and Hikaru out the door. She sighed and shook her head.

Taemin stopped outside the brothel, considering going back just to get his mind off of everything.
"Oi! Prince of Whores!" someone shouted from down the street. He stormed up to Taemin, dragging his daughter behind him. "She spun a tale about your night together."
He looked to the sobbing girl and grinned. He didn't remember her, but he could use some trouble. "Oh yeah, she was great fun. Not your innocent daughter anymore, eh?" He winked suggestively.
The hulking man bristled and punched him across the face.
Taemin stepped to the side, laughing. "Oh, you have guts, man. Hitting a prince. You could be killed for that. Thankfully, I'm in a good mood."
eragongirl101
eragongirl101
Eldunari
Eldunari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags on 2012-08-03, 15:24

"Your Prince seems quite interesting." Hikaru commented to Rai as he glanced back at her.

Mitsuki looked at the girls gather at the window. She pushed through the crowd and saw the fight outside with the Prince she saw earlier. She smirkd and walked outside, "Does there seem to be an issue here, sirs?" She asked innocently, her hands behind her back.

Commander of Awesomeness
Commander of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post by eragongirl101 on 2012-08-03, 15:44

Rai snorted. "He's a handful. It's never boring, at least."

"Thank you, someone who can resolve this. This fine citizen is upset that his daughter became a, ah, courtesan, and takes his anger out on me because I spent the night with her."
eragongirl101
eragongirl101
Eldunari
Eldunari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags on 2012-08-03, 16:06

"Seems like it." Hikaru smirked, watching as his father headed off with the other captains of the guard, "So, how long have you been serving your Court?"

"Oh, really?" Mitsuki said, looking at the man with a small smile, "It's your daughters choice, sir. We all take care of each other here and it isn't a bad life style." she tried to reason.

Commander of Awesomeness
Commander of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post by eragongirl101 on 2012-08-03, 16:10

"Officially? Three years, but I've lived at the West Palace all my life. You?"

"Probably makes more money than you do," Taemin added. "At least after my visit."
eragongirl101
eragongirl101
Eldunari
Eldunari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags on 2012-08-03, 16:17

"Ah, I see." Hikaru said with a nod, "I've lived in my court all my life as well, but I've been on the guard for five years now."

"Maybe we should leave that out." Mitsuki said, glancing at him then back at the man, "So you see, you shouldn't blame this boy for what your daughter decided to do."

Commander of Awesomeness
Commander of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post by eragongirl101 on 2012-08-03, 16:41

"Ah. Is your prince as big of a problem?"

"Honestly, you should be honored that I slept with your daughter. Not many can claim that. Maybe she'll bear my son," he taunted.
The man roared and grabbed Taemin's throat. The prince smirked. He pulled his feet up and kicked the man hard in the stomach. He fell backwards, and Taemin landed swiftly in a crouch.
eragongirl101
eragongirl101
Eldunari
Eldunari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next